Head of Licensing & IP Strategies for Gene Editing and Novel Modalities at MilliporeSigma
Chief Operations Officer at QMAXX Products, Inc. 2015 –2016
- Responsible for all levels of company operations, safety and compliance, budgeting, product marketing, sales, legal and intellectual property strategies.
• Head of human resources; managed 30 staff and sales representatives
• Handled payroll, benefits, hiring, and created company policies for employees.
• Worked closely with the Board of Directors to manage seed capital investment and pursue follow-on funding.
• Managed company’s $2 million budget and overall strategy
Business Development Director at Washington University in St. Louis 1999 –2015
- Managed staff, and instructed personnel, faculty and students in business and technology development.
• Organized and developed the University’s annual competition for innovation and entrepreneurism
• Performed marketing, created pro formas, preliminary P&Ls, and patentability assessments for over 1,000 University technologies.
• Led, negotiated and drafted large multi-party consortium agreements that included private and state institutions, government bodies, and corporate entities.
• Created and nurtured research and commercial relationships between the University and industry partners.
• Taught classes in ethics, contracts, compliance and intellectual property.
• Established strategies including gGMP and cGLP guidelines, for seed and start-up company formation and identified potential angel, venture capital or corporate partners for financing.
Inventor on 16 issued US Patents and over 40 international patents and applications